A series of explosions in Kabul

Series of blasts hits Kabul casualties feared

Series of blasts hits Kabul casualties feared

The Afghan Ministry of Public Health confirmed the killing of at least four people, and said another nine were wounded. IS claimed the attack in a brief statement carried by its Aamaq news agency.

The first explosion occurred near a police station in Western part of Kabul. Barmak mentioned "two or three" extra attackers have been holed up in a close-by constructing, buying and selling hearth with safety forces.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid announced that the district centre and police headquarters in Tala Barfaak had been overrun by the group's fighters on Tuesday.

At least 6 people were injured, informed the press-Secretary of the Ministry of health Wahidullah Mirah, adding that the total number of victims is likely to grow. He said another four other civilians were killed and 15 wounded in a gunbattle in the same district, in which two insurgents were killed and seven wounded.

Fighting traditionally picks up in Afghanistan as warmer weather melts snow in mountain passes, allowing insurgents to move around more easily and the Taliban have put security forces under heavy pressure in many areas of the country.

The assaults happened just over a week after twin blasts in Kabul killed 25 people, including AFP chief photographer Shah Marai and eight other journalists. It was the deadliest assault on reporters because the fall of the Taliban in 2001.

One of the bombings was claimed by ISIS and the other by the Taliban. The Taliban have captured a number of districts in numerous components of the nation from Afghan safety forces since 2014, when the US and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation formally concluded their fight mission and shifted to a supporting position.

More news: GOP Senate primaries set the stage for November elections
More news: Katy Perry & Taylor Swift Bad Blood No More?
More news: Kirsten Dunst welcomes baby boy with Jesse Plemons

Mohammad Hashim, a member of parliament from the northern Faryab province, says the insurgents early Wednesday seized the compound in Bilchirgh district. Provincial police spokesman Abdul Karim Yuresh said the fighting is still underway and that government forces still hold the compound.

With preparations for elections now underway across much of the country, more attacks are expected on voter registration centers following a blast in one center last month in which 60 people lining up for identity cards were killed.

Abdul Aziz Beg, head of the governing council within the western Badghis province, mentioned two different troopers have been wounded and one is lacking.

Within the japanese Nangarhar province, a rocket fired by insurgents struck a market, killing two folks and wounding 19, based on Attahullah Khogyani, spokesman for the provincial governor.

Majroh said one person was killed and eight others wounded.

Afghan government is fighting an intensifying war with both the Taliban and the Islamic State that has turned much of Kabul into a high security zone.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.