Mac Miller's cause of death revealed

Mac Miller

Mac Miller

The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner - Coroner confirmed the star's cause of death on Monday. The Coroner categorized his death as an accidental overdose.

Law enforcement sources say it was clear to paramedics that Mac was dead long before they arrived.

Miller, whose real name was Malcolm McCormick, was found unresponsive on his bed at his home in the Los Angeles area on September 7 by his assistant, according to the coroner's report. During the 911 call, his assistant said that Miller was "blue". However, he admitted that Miller, who had a history of drug addiction, was known to abuse "alcohol, non-prescribed medication (specifically Xanax and unspecified opiates), and cocaine". Loose prescription pills were also found in the room. A rolled up $20 bill with white powdery residue was also found in his right pocket. Miller, whose real name was Malcolm McCormick, was from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Days before his death, there were reports that he had broken up with his girlfriend, the singer Ariana Grande.

More news: Visual tweaks hit Rainbow Six Siege ahead of release in Asian countries
More news: Rihanna Disses Donald Trump For Playing Her Music At ‘Tragic Rallies’
More news: Australian man who swallowed slug on a dare dies at 28

More than 71,500 Americans have died of a drug overdose in 2017, according to data released the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Fentanyl, a powerful painkiller that tends to be cheaper and more potent than heroin, has played a major part in the USA's opioid crisis.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.