Diablo 4 Announcement Reportedly Pulled From BlizzCon 2018

That's a lot of dislikes

That's a lot of dislikes

Blizzard Entertainment's sole Diablo announcement at the convention, revealing the mobile game Diablo Immortal, was met with vocal ire by portions of its fanbase, partially because the game simply wasn't the true sequel that fans had been hoping for - and, fans assumed, had been teased for months.

According to Kotaku, two people familiar with Blizzard's plans said after the announcement of Diablo: Immortal, a video was going to pop up in which co-founder Allen Adham would tell the audience that Diablo 4 was in development. For most of the weekend, Diablo fans raged online as a result, expressing their anger on YouTube and various forums.

Diablo fans could've had a completely different reaction had the original plan gone through at BlizzCon.

More news: Reshad Jones pulled himself from Jets-'Fins
More news: Major Study Links Cellphone Radiation and Brain Cancer
More news: The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 4: The Obliged

But for reasons unknown, the plan changed a couple of weeks prior to BlizzCon, and the Diablo 4 reveal was scrapped. But according to one source, because Diablo 4 has changed dramatically in the past four years, the team decided it wasn't ready to announce anything, so the video was removed from the BlizzCon proceedings as recently as October.

IGN has reached out to Blizzard for comment and will update this story as such.

Needless to say, Diablo fans anticipating a core game announcement weren't thrilled, causing a backlash the developer hasn't faced in a long while. Others were concerned Diablo Immortal is being created in a partnership with NetEase, whose games are known for pushing gamers to buy digital items with real money. Last Friday, Diablo III also came to the Nintendo Switch. During a follow-up Q&A with members of Immortal's development team, one BlizzCon attendee facetiously asked if the game was "an out-of-season April Fool's joke". One of them is the game that fans are waiting for, and it was almost announced last week.

Recommended News

  • 'I am the bigger guy' - Donaire believes he has advantage over Burnett

    'I am the bigger guy' - Donaire believes he has advantage over Burnett

    Other results saw Inoue stop Jua Carlos Parayano on October 7 and Tete win by decision over Mikhail Aloyan on October 17. Donaire sent his opponent a classy message after the bout, wishing Burnett a speedy recovery.
    Samsung officially teases folding smartphone on Facebook

    Samsung officially teases folding smartphone on Facebook

    However, there are reports that Huawei is aiming to beat Samsung here by delivering its foldable phone first. Typically, nothing too noteworthy comes out of this annual event, though, this year might be different.

    NBC pulls Donald Trump ad accused of spreading racist sentiments

    Fox pulled the ad Sunday "upon further review", said Marianne Gambelli, president of the network's ad sales department. CNN had previously determined that the Trump campaign's advertisement was racist and declined to sell airtime for it.
  • Runaway train derailed after 57-mile journey across Western Australia

    Runaway train derailed after 57-mile journey across Western Australia

    In 2017, BHP was ranked as the world's largest mining company and it primarily mines coal, copper, iron ore and petroleum. At about 4.40am, the driver got out of the train to inspect a wagon, according to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.
    Apple is selling refurbished iPhone 8 and 8 Plus starting at $499

    Apple is selling refurbished iPhone 8 and 8 Plus starting at $499

    Piecyk said the reporting changes raised questions about whether iPhone sales peaked in 2015, when the company sold 231m handsets. Emerging markets and foreign exchange costs were the issues that the company blamed for their poor Q4 report .
    Spice Girls to reunite for tour, but without Victoria Beckham

    Spice Girls to reunite for tour, but without Victoria Beckham

    Get ready to slam it to the left, shake it to the right, and get all the chicas to the front - because girl power is back, baby. The insider said: "After much to'ing and fro'ing, a deal has been signed, and an official announcement will be made soon".
  • Mac Miller's cause of death revealed

    Mac Miller's cause of death revealed

    Days before his death, there were reports that he had broken up with his girlfriend, the singer Ariana Grande . More than 71,500 Americans have died of a drug overdose in 2017, according to data released the U.S.
    First 1,000 Troops Deployed to Southern Border

    First 1,000 Troops Deployed to Southern Border

    President Trump praised U.S. troops installing razor wire along the U.S. -Mexico border to stop an approaching migrant caravan. On Saturday, President Trump told a rally in Belgrade, Montana, that "barbed wire, used properly, can be a attractive sight".
    Spice Girls to play Edinburgh’s Murrayfield Stadium as part of reunion tour

    Spice Girls to play Edinburgh’s Murrayfield Stadium as part of reunion tour

    Speaking on UK TV show "Loose Women", she said: "It's just the four of us, but she might join us at some point". Mel B also hopes so too, as she admitted the door will always be open for the mum-of-four .
  • Theresa May 'facing more resignations over her Brexit deal'

    Theresa May 'facing more resignations over her Brexit deal'

    Senior sources told the paper that Prime Minister Theresa May has secured concessions from Brussels, with the EU agreeing to write an "all-UK" customs union into the divorce deal.
    The Supreme Court won't take up net neutrality - this time

    The Supreme Court won't take up net neutrality - this time

    The Justice Department has also filed suit to block California's state net neutrality law from taking effect in January. Neither Chief Justice John Roberts nor new Trump appointee Brett Kavanaugh participated in the decision.
    Demi Lovato reportedly seen outside of rehab three months after apparent overdose

    Demi Lovato reportedly seen outside of rehab three months after apparent overdose

    The pair were seen holding hands while dining out at Matsuhisa on Saturday night (November 3) in Beverly Hills, Calif. Singer Demi Lovato , who is sober since over 90 days, stepped out of rehab here and looked clean and radiant.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.