Sudan protesters to end strike, resume talks with generals

Sudan protesters happy with boycott junta warns of criminal tactics

Sudan protesters happy with boycott junta warns of criminal tactics

NetBlocks added that the recent internet-service disruptions in Sudan "are now more severe" than those imposed under the country's longtime president Omar al-Bashir, who was ousted in a military coup in April.

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, which have close ties with the military council, have said they are watching developments with concern and support a renewal of dialogue.

The alleged deportation comes on the second day of a nationwide civil disobedience campaign in Sudan, in protest against the crackdown.

"The Military Council has chose to reinforce the presence of armed forces, RSF and other regular forces to help normal life return", the council member said, including the feared Rapid Support Forces, blamed by witnesses for the killings last week as a sit-in protest outside army headquarters was cleared.

The civil disobedience campaign was launched after men in military fatigues on June 3 raided the weeks-long sit-in leaving dozens of people dead, according to protest leaders who said several bodies were removed from the Nile.

Cyber security monitor Netblocks said "an nearly total blackout" started around noon local time.

Monday remained quiet in Khartoum, although some businesses started to reopen and a few buses were running.

Also on Tuesday, the Sudan Doctors Central Committee said that RSF forces attacked a market the previous day in the town of Deleig in central Darfur.

The TMC took over after Bashir was deposed following months of popular protests calling for his resignation.

Читайте также: Russian parliament speaker concerned about journalist's case

The Forces for Declaration of Freedom and Change, which represents the protesters, said Tuesday they made a decision to suspend their general strike and campaign for civil disobedience until further notice.

Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has been trying to revive negotiations between the generals and the protest leaders and has visited Khartoum.

Arman said on Twitter he had been "deported against my will by a military helicopter from Khartoum to Juba".

"The Alliance for Freedom and Change (umbrella protest movement) is fully responsible for recent unfortunate incidents. including blocking roads which is violating global humanitarian laws", Lieutenant General Jamaleddine Omar said on state television late Sunday.

"I was not aware of where they were taking me".

The SPLM joined the alliance of Forces of the Declaration of Freedom and Change, the movement that led protests against Al-Bashir.

Speaking from a hotel after arriving in South Sudan's capital, Juba, Arman said on Monday: "I was deported against my will".

The state department said Mr Nagy would "urge parties to work towards creating an enabling environment" for talks between the two sides to resume.

African Union has suspended Sudan following the massacre.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.