Antoine Griezmann will play for Barcelona next season, says Atletico Madrid CEO

Atletico Madrid chief says Griezmann is off to Barca

Atletico Madrid chief says Griezmann is off to Barca

DAILY POST reported last month, that Griezmann informed Atletico that he will deposit his €120m release clause in July.

He was not at his sparkling best for Atletico this season, however, scoring 15 times in 37 league matches, a significant decline from the haul of 19 in 32 games the previous term.

The France worldwide, 28, was linked with a move to La Liga rivals Barcelona last summer but chose to stay.

Griezmann is expected to sign a five-year deal at the Nou Camp.

Atletico Madrid CEO Gil Marin recently confirmed that Antoine Griezmann will be making a move to join Spanish champions Barcelona.

More news: Turkey says it has already bought Russian S-400 defense systems
More news: Chris Froome to miss Tour de France, Team INEOS confirm
More news: Woman hospitalised after drinking too much bubble tea

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are said to be willing to break their transfer record by paying £95 million for the striker, with stars like Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku heading for the exit.

Under the terms of the deal, the 2018 World Cup victor is subject to a release clause worth a whopping 200 million if he moves away from the Wanda Metropolitana before July 2019.

Griezmann recently dropped a cryptic hint about his future in the wake of rumours linking him with moves to FC Barcelona, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain.

"I am very certain where Antoine will play, we have known since March", the director explained to Movistar Plus' Toros on Wednesday.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.